«UCD Sutherland School of Law welcomes paper proposals for its eighteenth Irish European Law Forum, addressing the topic of “Europe’s Shared Burden: Collective Responsibility for Migrants at Sea”, to be held on 9th and 10th October 2015 at University College Dublin. The workshop aims to foster a strong interdisciplinary focus in order to better understand and critically engage with the concept of collective responsibility in the context of irregular maritime migration. In this respect, we hope to encourage contributions from law, politics, philosophy, as well as other cognate social and human science disciplines. We are also delighted to have keynote addresses from both Peter Sutherland, UN Special Representative for International Migration and Guy S. Goodwin-Gill, Professor of International Refugee Law, University of Oxford (TBC). […]
Abstracts, not exceeding 300 words, should be sent by Friday 26th June 2015 to Dr Richard Collins (email@example.com), including your full name, affiliation, and contact details. Please also clearly indicate which panel theme(s) your paper will address.
Please also note:
- Selected participants will be asked to provide a draft paper (8,000-10,000 words) in advance of the workshop – further details below.
- Following the workshop a selection of papers will be considered for publication as part of an edited collection.
- Accepted participants will be expected to meet their own travel and accommodation costs. We may be in a position to offer some financial assistance to PhD students and Post-Docs, if unable to draw on institutional funds. Please indicate in your email if you believe you may require financial assistance in this respect.
- Deadline for submissions is Friday 26 June 2015
- Successful applicants will be informed by Monday 13 July 2015
- Draft programme published by Monday 3 August 2015.
- Submission of draft conference papers by Friday 18 September 2015.»